Machine Learning Engineer
Nosso modo de fazer no time
You're a curious and analytical person, someone excited about tackling hard and new problems.
iFood is and always will be a data-driven company that thinks big, moves fast and values inclusion. iFood has ambitious goals, and to achieve them we need a diverse team to employ a multitude of techniques, and in particular, Machine Learning.
If you thrive in small, diverse, dynamic teams and high-energy environments and believe in the ability of technology and data to change the world, iFood is the right place for you. A Small Sample of Technologies/Languages we use are Spark/PySpark, Scala, Python, SQL, Databricks, AWS, Docker, Tableau, among many others. We value different views and our universe is not limited by the tools we use.
Working as a Machine Learning Engineer, you'll help create and maintain the tools and platforms the Data Scientists use to create awesome Machine Learning models to answer the questions humans can't. Our Feature Store has bleeding edge technologies powering it, and if you thrive solving scalability, performance and usability challenges, this is the place for you!
Seu Cardápio Diário
- Work with large volumes of data, arriving really fast and being consumed in several ways.
- Elaborate and implement high-level abstractions over aggregated data.
- Work alongside data scientists and developers to help understand the necessary features and aggregations they need.
- Elaborate and improve reliable spark applications to transform streaming data.
- Help guarantee feature store data quality.
- Raise the bar: train and empower data colleagues to work more efficiently.
- Properly communicate actionable insights from your analyses. This position is made for you if:
- You have an engineering mindset, you like to get things done, implementing and measuring your solutions so they can always be improved.
- You are comfortable working with large data sets and big data technologies to be self-sufficient in creating data abstractions and applications.
- You feel excited about the idea of manipulating large data sets - You are familiar with cloud technologies, in particular AWS.
- You are able to really focus and deliver value without compromising speed nor quality, with minimal oversight.
- You are familiar with agile methodologies and continuous integration and deployment.
- You have at least a basic understanding of machine learning models.
- You care about the documentation for the projects you work on.
- You are comfortable talking with stakeholders, gathering feedback, and helping others learn and use the solutions you implement.
Ingredientes que buscamos
- Willingness to learn new things everyday.
- Flexibility to work in a demanding and highly changing environment.
- Available for Remote Work. Nice to have:
- Knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Spark/PySpark, Scala, Java, Python, SQL.
- Fluent or advanced English
At iFood, we believe in the power of diversity to generate #Innovation and achieve #IncredibleResults. We do not distinguish candidates with disabilities, by gender, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, age, origin, family or aesthetic constitution. We have groups composed of volunteer FoodLovers, where we talk about Race, Gender, LGBTQI+ and PwD, we want to be the company people choose as the place where they will develop and contribute to the realization of dreams, #AllTogether.Learn about our initiatives →
What are you craving?
Us, FoodLovers, crave innovation and results. We always give our best, thinking "outside the box" and acting agile and responsible! We're also hungry for diversity, knowledge and sharing. We work in a very versatile environment. Do you know what makes our recepie special? People! Join us to be a part of that 🤝
Today I work as a Data Analyst in CRM and I say that each day is a completely new day.
The possibility of being an entrepreneur, delivering value and impacting people's lives is real.
To act in the People area is to be part of an incredible team.
I have been working on Data at iFood for 3 years and I learn new things every day from the projects we develop.
Our special plates for you
iFood from everywhere
IFood is a company that functions from anywhere! We have a series of initiatives and benefits to make working from home possible. Among them, a financial subsidy for FoodLovers to be able to equip their work spaces as well as partnerships with coworking spaces throughout Brazil.
We support diversity
We set goals and monitor diversity and psychological safety indicators, thereby linking our advancement in diversity to the sense of inclusion and belonging. We maintain programs for the development and acceleration of careers within minority groups and inclusive leaders, in addition to having affinity committees (race, gender, LGBTQIA +, PcD and free body). We support trans FoodLovers, offering financial, legal and psychological assistance, as well as a subsidy for hormonal treatment and gender reassignment surgery. In addition to: maternity/paternity support for same-sex couples.
Health and Well-being
Flexible schedules, physical and mental health support programs for FoodLovers and their families, as well as medical, dental and life insurance, we also have partnerships for the purchase of medicines.
Our benefits are distributed through a points program, and you can choose with what and how you will benefit. Some of these are: vale-cultura, points club, pet-assistance and a partnership with Gympass.
Wednesday mornings are reserved for self-development. Through iLearn, an exclusive iFood platform, FoodLovers have access to professionally created content. In addition, we offer subsidies according to the employees’ position for language studies as well as various partnerships with educational institutions.
Collaborative working spaces, equipped with the latest technology, an auditorium, a sports court, scooters, relaxation areas, a library, games, a garden and other services.
For in office work, we offer transportation vouchers, chartered transportation options, accredited parking, fuel vouchers and taxi coupons on iFood Flex.
In addition to food vouchers and supermarket vouchers, FoodLovers also have an in-app voucher. Breakfast, a coffee bar, fruits and other delicacies are always available in our offices, during in office work.
Support for fathers and mothers
Extended maternity and paternity leave, career coaching for expecting mothers, support and conversation groups for fathers and mothers, daycare assistance, a breastfeeding space in the office, a partnership with the Play Kids app, iFamily support program for the gradual return to work of parents, onboarding after maternity leave as well as buddy monitoring. In addition, we offer psychological and legal support for adoption.